Under the patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Prime Minister, Bahrain’s Labour Fund (Tamkeen) will announce the winners of the fourth edition of the Bahrain Award for Entrepreneurship (BAE), in an award ceremony at the Isa Cultural Centre on 3 December 2019.
A jury will announce the winners for each of the eight categories from a total of 21 promising nominated start-ups and SMEs. All decisions are made through an exhaustive review process that is based on well-defined assessment methods.
The members of the jury, a panel made of professionals with a record of accomplishment in entrepreneurship, investment or start-up accelerator communities, are:
- The CEO of Bahrain Bourse, Shaikh Khalifa bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa
- The CEO of Bahrain Islamic Bank, Mr. Hassan Amin Jarrar
- The CEO of SICO Bank, Najla Al Shirawi
- The Founding President of the American University of Bahrain, Dr. Susan Saxton
- The Chairman of the World Business Angel Investment Forum, Mr. Baybars Atluntas.
The BAE consists of 3 phases, starting with the application submissions in September, interviews conducted by the jury, and finally the evaluation phase.
Since its inception in 2015, the BAE honours Bahraini entrepreneurs and celebrates their achievements, all while promoting a culture of innovation that facilitates the attainment of Bahrain’s Economic Vision 2030.