1.What is the National Employment Program 2.0?
Based on the directives of His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, Crown Prince and Prime Minister to launch the second edition of the National Employment Program in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Labour and Social Development, the Labour Market Regulatory Authority, and the Labour Fund "Tamkeen". Tamkeen will reopen its programs for individuals and enterprises, while focusing on supporting the employment of Bahrainis. This comes as part of the ongoing mission of making Bahrainis the employee of choice in the labour market. The program will provide wage support for Bahrani job seekers and fresh new graduates registered within the Ministry of Labour and Social Development for a period of up to 36 months. Tamkeen will provide several support programs, which includes: Human Resource Development within the Business Development program, Individual Development Portal, Employment Skills Portal
2.What are the changes in the new version?
The support period has increased from 18 months to 36 months for both tracks. Please refer to the support details below for more information.
Support percentage (70%, 50%, 30%)
3.Who are the target customers?
Registered and nominated job seekers
Fresh graduates (Those who graduated within 12 months from the application)
4.What are the eligibility criteria?
As an enterprise you must have an active commercial registration or license in Bahrain
Employees Eligibility Criteria:
- The employee must be a Bahraini national, registered with the SIO.
- Employed within 6 months from the time of application as per SIO.
- The employee must meet or exceed the below salaries based on their highest academic qualifications:
- High School Graduates (or lower): BD 300
- Diploma Holders: BD 380
- Bachelor Holders: BD 450
Fresh graduates must have graduated within 12 months from the application
Job seekers must be registered with and nominated by MOLSD
5.What are the support details?
36 months (70% - 50% - 30%)
Support salary cap:
- Bachelors: BHD 600
- Diploma: BHD 480
- High school: BHD 350
Bachelor's degree holder with a salary of BD 500, the support for the first year will be BD 350, the second year will be BD 250 and the third year will be BD 150
Bachelor's degree holder with a salary of BD 800, the support for the first year will be BD 420, the second year will be BD 300 and the third year will be BD 180
6.How to apply?
- Login or create and activate an account through Tamkeen’s portal.
- Fill out the National Employment Program application form and the job role form.
- Attach the required documents and submit the application.
- After receiving Tamkeen’s initial approval of the application form, you can proceed with submitting requests for an employee support.
- Applications will be evaluated and notified once approved.
- After the approval, employees will need to confirm the support via the online portal.
- Submit the required documents based on the dates shown in the online portal.
7.What are the required documents?
8.What are the main steps in the application process?
9.How long is the contract period?
10.How long does it take to get the approval?
11.How to apply for payments?
The enterprise must submit their payment request through the online portal
The enterprise must provide the required proof of payment documents in order to obtain the reimbursement
Payment in cash is strictly prohibited, payment requests for cash payments will not be accepted under any circumstances
12.How long does it take to get paid?
13.What is the role of Tamkeen and the Ministry of Labor in this support fund?
Tamkeen will support job seekers (nominated by Ministry of Labour and Social Development) and fresh graduates. All applications will be submitted by the employer
14.Will this include the existing TWS applications with Tamkeen? What will happen to the existing TWS applications with Tamkeen?
Previous TWS applications will remain active as per the program’s terms and conditions. New applications must be submitted for the National Employment Program
15.Can I as an individual/employee get in touch with Tamkeen to follow up on the status of the application?