1.Who can apply to the program?
All Bahraini individuals of 16 years or older, can apply to the program.
2.What is the eligibility criteria that I must meet to apply to the program?
To meet the eligibility criteria for the program you must:
- Be a Bahraini national of 16 years or older
- Meet the entry requirements of your selected qualification certificate
- Select a qualification which match your educational background or profession
- Be enrolled into the qualification program however, you must not have completed the final assessment or exam.
3.What if my selected certificate does not match my educational background or profession?
If it does not match you must be able to provide with a valid justification for choosing the certificate in your application form.
4.What type of financial support does the program provide?
The financial support provided by the program will depend on the certificate cap and funding policy for each certification.
5.How do I apply?
Step 1: Create and activate an Individual Account for yourself through Tamkeen's portal.
Step 2: Fill and submit the Professional Certifications' online application form via the portal.
6.What type of certificate can I apply for?
You can apply for any certificate that is listed on Tamkeen’s website, provided that it is relevant to your educational background or profession.
7.What if the certificate that I wish to apply for is not listed on Tamkeen’s website?
If the certificate you wish to apply for is not listed on the website you may submit an online Certificate Request to have the certificate assessed and listed.
8.Can I study a certificate where the training is either located online or overseas?
Depending upon the certificate itself, you may have the option of studying online or overseas.
9.How will I know if my application has been accepted or rejected?
You will receive a notification via SMS and email from Tamkeen informing you whether you have been accepted or not into the program and, if you have been accepted, it shall ask you to confirm your application online.
10.How can I check on the progress of my application?
You may check on the progress of your application by logging into Tamkeen’s portal, as it will provide you with the status of your application throughout its an entire journey within the program.
If your status says:
- Submitted: Your application has been received and is currently being processed by Tamkeen.
- Approved: Your application has been approved and you are now eligible to make an online payment request.
- Pending: Your application has been processed and some required document(s) is currently missing. Please check the ‘Remarks’ section for more details.
- Rejected: Your application has not been approved. Please check the ‘Remarks’ section for more details.
- Awaiting interview results: You are required to schedule an interview with us by calling: 17383333.
11.What if I do not “confirm” my application online?
If you have not confirmed your application online within 1 month from the date of approval, your application shall be canceled.
You are given a maximum period of 1 month to confirm your application from the date of approval. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your application.
12.How and when will payments/reimbursements be made?
This will depend on your type of training (local, online, overseas), your certificate’s program structure and Tamkeen’s payment policy. Please click here to see our funding policy.
13.What are the costs the program will cover?
The program shall cover the following:
- Registration fees
- tuition fees (including main course books),
- exam (if applicable)
- membership fees (if applicable).
The program shall not cover any extra costs incurred by the trainee that is not required by the course for e.g. extra classes, study guides, travel expenses (in the case of overseas studies), costs of re-sitting an exam, renewal of memberships etc.
14.The certificate I wish to study is offered overseas. What costs will TPCS cover?
Please refer to the answer provided in question 12.
15.What if I wanted to withdraw my application?
You can request to withdraw your application, provided that Tamkeen has not made any payments to you or to the training provider on your behalf. If payments were made, you will have to settle the amounts paid before withdrawing your application.
16.What if I failed my final exam or assessment?
If you have failed your final exam or assessment and no longer wish to continue with your studies you can e-mail us a copy of your exam results in order to deactivate your application. Alternatively, you may re-sit the exam at your own expense.
17.What if I want to postpone my exam?
You can postpone your exam by viewing your application on the portal and amending your exam date.
18.How do I track the status of my payment?
Please note it takes up to 60 days to process each payment after you have completely/fully submitted the required payment documents as per our funding policy. You will receive an email notification whenever there is a change in your status. Alternatively, you can track your payment’s status through the portal.
19.What are the definitions of my payment status?
If your payment status says:
- Submitted (Under review): Your payment request has been received by Tamkeen and is currently being processed.
- Pending payment documents: Your payment request is missing some of the required documents. Please check the “Remarks” section for more details.
- In progress: Your payment is being processed for approval.
- Transfer finished: The amount has been successfully transferred to your bank account.
20.What is the Training Support Cap?
It is the maximum amount that Tamkeen will pay for a specific training course. Training Providers may quote a higher price and you are required to pay the difference between Tamkeen’s Support cap and the quoted amount.
21.What if the proposed date of my final assessment/exam in my application elapsed and I did not submit my results to Tamkeen?
You are given a period of 3 months to update Tamkeen your new exam date. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your application.