1.Who can apply?
- Bahraini nationals who are able to meet the requirements of the certification body.
- Requested qualifications must match the applicant’s academic background or area of work.
- Your application will be declined if the certificate chosen is not related your career and/or academic background
2.Who is eligible to apply?
Bahrainis who are:
- Able to meet the entry requirements of their selected certification programme.
- Able to provide us with a valid justification for choosing the certificate if it was not relevant to their academic background or their profession.
- Enrolled in the programme but have yet to complete the examination/assessment
3.What kind of funding does the scheme provide?
The amount paid by the scheme will depend on the certificate cap and funding policy for each certification.
4.How do I apply?
Complete and submit the application form attaching all required documents. (Refer to “Required Documents” Section)
5.What certification programmes can I apply for?
Any programme listed on the TPCS website that best meets your career goals. The certification programme you choose must be relevant to your educational background or profession. If the certificate you are looking for is not included in the list, complete and submit the online Requested Certification Application Form Tamkeen will evaluate your request and inform you of the final decision.
6.Where can I study for the certifications?
Depending upon the certification, you have the option to study at a local, online or overseas training provider. A list of local training providers for each certification is provided on the website and in the application form.
7.How will I know if my application has been accepted or rejected?
You will receive a notification email from Tamkeen informing you of your status You may also check your status online, after a maximum period of one week . If your status says:
- Submitted: Your application has been received and is currently being processed by Tamkeen.
- Approved: Your application has been accepted and you are now eligible to make an online payment request.
- Pending: Your application is missing the required document(s). Please check the “Remarks" section for more details.
- Rejected: your application is not approved. Please check the “Remarks” field on the same site for the reasons.
- Awaiting interview results: You are required to contact us by calling: 17383333 in order to set up a time for an interview.
8.How and when will payments/reimbursements be made?
See funding policy table. This will depend on your training arrangement (local, online, overseas ), programme structure and payment policy.
9.What’s the difference between Quotation, Receipt and Invoice?
- Quotation: An initial price of the course provided by the training institute. Once the quotation is approved/accepted by the candidate, an invoice is issued. A quotation usually expires after a limited period of time. After which the candidate must request a new quotation (prices may be higher or lower than the initial quotation).
- Receipt: Acknowledgment/proof of a payment.
- Invoice: A descriptive list of the course details (individually priced) with the total cost of the course reflected at the bottom. It is an official request for payment.
10.What costs will the scheme cover?
Registration fees, tuition fees (including main course books), exam and membership fees (Where applicable). The scheme will not pay for any extra costs incurred by the trainee that are not required by the course for e.g. extra classes, study guides, travel expenses (in the case of overseas studies) Costs of re-sitting an exam and renewal of memberships will also have to be borne by the candidate him/herself.
11.I want to study a programme that is not related to my job/education. Will my application be approved?
The certification programme you chose must be relevant to your educational background or profession. If the certification has no relation to your background, you will need to justify your choice in writing in the application form. You might also be required to undergo an interview.
12.The programme I wish to study is offered overseas. What costs will TPCS cover?
Refer to FAQ no. 10 The scheme will cover all expenses directly related to the programme e.g. registration , tuition, membership , exam , study materials. Accommodation costs, air tickets, visa and transportation costs will have to be paid by the applicant him/herself.
13.What if I wanted to withdraw my application?
You can request to withdraw your application, provided that Tamkeen has not made any payments to you or to the training provider on your behalf. If there were amounts already paid by Tamkeen, you would have to settle the amounts before withdrawing your application.
14.What if I failed my exam?
If you no longer wish to continue your studies after failing the exam/assessment, you can e-mail us a copy of your exam results in order to deactivate your application. Alternatively, you can re-sit the exam at your own expense.
15.What if I want to postpone my exam?
You can do it by viewing your application and amending your exam date.
16.How do I track the status of my payment?
Please note it takes up to 60 days to process each payment from date of submission of the complete required payment documents as indicated in the funding policy table. You will receive email notifications from the TPCS team, whenever there is a change in your status. Alternatively, you can track the status from the portal. If your payment status says:
- Submitted (Under review): Your payment request has been received by Tamkeen and is currently being processed.
- Pending payment documents: Your payment request is missing the required documents. Please check the “Remarks” section for more details.
- In progress: Your payment is being processed for approval.
- Cheque ready for collection/transfer finished: The cheque is ready to be collected from Tamkeen/The amount has been successfully transferred to your bank account.
17.What is the Training Support Cap?
It is the maximum amount that Tamkeen will pay for a specific training course. Training Providers may quote a higher price and you are required to pay the difference between Tamkeen’s Support cap and the quoted amount.
18. What if the proposed date of my final assessment/exam in my application elapsed and I did not submit my results to Tamkeen?
You are given a period of 3 months to update Tamkeen your new exam date. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your application.
19.What if I do not “ confirm” my application?
You are given a maximum period of 1 month to confirm your application from the date of approval. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your application.