1.WHAT IS THE INTERNATIONAL PLACEMENT?
This service aims to support employers in the private sector to improve their productivity by encouraging the growth of their own employees through exposure to international work experience.
The scheme provides financial support needed for an international placement for the selected employees. The initiative targets candidates in all of Bahrain’s most prominent sectors, to ensure a wide range of beneficiaries and to create a versatile Bahraini work force.
2.WHO CAN APPLY?
Enterprises and companies registered in Bahrain (includes local, foreign or franchise firms)
To be eligible, the candidate (Employee) being registered must be:
- Employed at the company applying and registered with SIO
- Full time employee and not on probation
- Earning minimum basic salary of BD 500
- Minimum 20 years of age
- Minimum B.Sc. holder or equivalent in years of experience
- Demonstrate that they have the ability to improve/ be promoted to senior positions
3. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS SERVICE?
- Improved productivity due to improvement in employee’s skills
- Better retention of Bahraini employees
- Implement international best practices
- Enhanced current skill-sets
- Increase in knowledge base
- Learning international best practices for both technical and managerial skills
- Stronger leadership skills and preparation for executive or managerial roles
4.WHAT DO WE MEAN BY HOST ORGANIZATION?
The international organization that would be hosting the employee for the period of the placement.
5. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM / MAXIMUM DURATION OF THE PLACEMENT?
Two months / twelve months.
6.WHAT IS TAMKEEN COVERING?
The support from Tamkeen will be covering 80% of the following costs:
- Monthly salary
- Flights (limited to economy class)
- VISA costs
- Settlement costs
- Medical Insurance that covers the basic needs for the individual for the duration of their stay
7.WHAT IS THE FINANCIAL BREAKDOWN?
Caps for each of the items (all amounts in BD)
|| 85 BD per month
||200 BD onetime payment
8. IS TAMKEEN COVERING THE MONTHLY SALARY?
Tamkeen shall cover 80% of the monthly compensation and the support cap is determined based on which zone the destination country falls under. The IP packages per zone are as follows:
|Monthly Compensation Cap BD 760 per month
||KSA, Kuwait, UAE, Oman, Qatar
||Lebanon, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea
||United Kingdom, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Sweden, Norway, Ireland, Italy, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Russia
||United States: New York, Hawaii, San Francisco, Boston, Washington D.C., Alaska, Los Angeles, Chicago; Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Hamilton, Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver
||Australia, New Zealand
|Monthly Compensation Cap BD 600 per month
||Jordan, Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Yemen, Pakistan, Philippines, China, Taiwan, Indonesia
||Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Sudan, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria
|| All European countries excluded from Zone 1
||United States: All cities not included under Zone 1; Canada: All cities not included under Zone 1 Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela
Monthly Compensation Cap of BD 488 per month (rest of the cities / countries not included under Zone 1 or 2)
9.WHAT IS THE ENTERPRISE COMMITMENT?
The Enterprise must commit to paying the remaining 20% of the costs and any costs above the ceiling.
10. WHAT IS THE PAYMENT STRUCTURE?
Payments will be made after the completion of the placement. For placements longer than six months the enterprise shall be eligible to request a quarterly post payment for the monthly compensation only, the rest of the costs will be paid at the end of the placement period.
11.HOW FREQUENTLY CAN I APPLY TO THIS SERVICE?
The Enterprise can apply for this service as frequently as they wish.
12.HOW MANY EMPLOYEES CAN AN ENTERPRISE ENROLL AT A TIME?
There is no restriction on the number of individuals a business can enroll, as long as they meet the criteria.
13.CAN I STUDY A FOREIGN LANGUAGE DURING THE PLACEMENT ABROAD?
Tamkeen provides funding for Language Courses (Non-Arabic) in the form of reimbursements as a part of the IP. The training must take place during the placement and the language must be the language most used in the City / Country where the placement takes place.
14. WHAT IS THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT CAP PROVIDED FOR THE LANGUAGE TRAINING COURSE?
The cap for the support provided through the scheme is calculated as: 50% of monthly compensation x Duration of Internship.
15. ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THE TIMING OF THE TRAINING COURSE?
In case the language course is a full time course and takes place during the internship period, its duration must not exceed 50% of the total internship duration. There is no restriction on the duration of the language course in case the course is part-time i.e. conducted outside of working hours.
16.WHEN SHOULD THE TRAINING COURSE TAKE PLACE?
Language course(s) can take place before or at any time during the internship period.
17.WHERE CAN ONE ENROLL IN THE LANGUAGE COURSE?
The language course can take place in Bahrain or in the destination country.