1. What is 5K Support?
5K Support covers 50% of all approved items/services while offering an efficient and streamlined application process for enterprises who only require a grant amount of up to BD5,000.
2. What does 5K Support cover?
5K Support covers the following Support Areas:
- Machinery & Equipment
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Marketing & Branding
- Exhibition Participation
- Business Consulting
- Quality Management
- Accounting & Audit
- Cloud Computing
3. Who is eligible to apply for 5K Support?
All active enterprises registered and licensed in Bahrain.
4. What are the benefits of the 5K Support?
- It is a more simplified & automated application process.
- Applicants are eligible for the Add-on Requests providing greater flexibility in submitting business requirements.
5. If I own more than one business, can I submit more than one application for 5K Support?
If you are an individual establishment, you may only select 1 business line to apply for.
If you are a group of companies, you may benefit provided the following:
- One or more branches have a different line of business;
- One or more branches are encountering an expansion; or
- Introducing a new line of business.
6. At any time can I change my application from 5K Support before approval?
Yes, by selecting ‘No’ to the question ‘Are you seeking total support of BD5,000 or less from Tamkeen?’ you will automatically be given a different application form.
The question is available in the Business Overview under the ‘Objectives’ heading.
7. Will I be entitled to a grant amount exceeding BD 5,000 through 5K Support?
5K Support has a strict cap of BD5,000.
Virtual CR (Sijili)
1. What is Virtual CR (Sijili)?
Virtual CR (Sijili) is a Business Development application track for enterprises with an active Virtual CR license.
2. Who is eligible to apply for Sijili?
All active enterprises registered and licensed under the Ministry of Industry & Commerce as a Virtual CR.
3. What are the benefits of Sijili?
- Provides virtual enterprises with the opportunity to benefit from Tamkeen’s Business Development Program and all the Support Areas it provides.
- A more efficient and simplified application process designed to address the unique needs of a virtual enterprise.
4. How many times can I benefit from the program?
You are entitled to benefit from the Business Development Program once for a contract period of 3 years.
5. What happens if I expand my business and convert my business to an established CR?
When you convert your Virtual CR to an established CR you will be able to re-apply to the Business Development Program through the other available tracks giving you the option of a higher grant amount.
Add-on Request (Applicable for 5K Support, Virtual CR (Sijili) and Start-ups)
1. What is an Add-on Request?
An Add-on request is a request that an approved enterprise can submit for any item(s) and/or service(s) they require as and when the need arises. This request may only be submitted during the 18-month purchase period of the contract provided that the enterprise submits all the proof of payments before the period is complete.
2. Who is eligible for an Add-on Request?
- Sijili Enterprises
- 5K Support Enterprises
- Start-Ups (Enterprises who have been in operation for 0 – 4 years)
3. How do I submit an Add-on Request?
You must log on to the Portal and enter ‘Edit Your Item/Services’ page, there will be an ‘Add’ button on top of the Item/Services table. By clicking the ‘Add’ button you may input as many Items/Services required. Once you finished inputting all your required Items/Services, you click ‘Submit Add-on Request’ button at the bottom of the page.
All requests are subject to Tamkeen’s approval.
4. How many item(s) and/or service(s) can I request for per Add-on Request?
You can request for as many item(s) and/or service(s) per Add-on Request as long as the price of said item(s) and/or service(s) do not exceed the allocated grant amount.
5. How many Add-on Requests can I submit?
You are allowed 3 approved Add-on Requests during the 18-month purchase period excluding the Exhibition Participation support area.
6. How many Add-on Requests can I submit for Exhibition Participation support area?
The number of Add-on Requests submitted for Exhibition Participation support area is unlimited provided that with each submission a sufficient grant amount is remaining to cover up to 50% of the cost.
7. Can I amend the item(s) and/or service(s) within my approved Add On request?
Yes, you may amend the item(s) and/or service(s) within your Item/Service request via submitting an Amendment request. The Amendment request process is available for changes that does not result in an increase in the price of item(s) and/or service(s).
If the amendment required does result in an increase in the price of item(s) and/or service(s), you have the option to:
- Cancel and request for the item(s) and/or service(s) again within your remaining Add-on requests; or
- Pay the price difference.
Virtual Site Visit
1. What is a Virtual Site Visit?
A Virtual Site Visit is a Site Visit using web-based audio and visual connections to facilitate a face to face interaction between an Enterprise and a Tamkeen employee.
2. How does a Virtual Site Visit work?
- Once a Virtual Site Visit has been scheduled, an SMS notification shall be sent to you on the time and date of the scheduled Site Visit with a link to Tamkeen’s Digital Platform.
- When you click on said link a video conversation shall be initiated between you and a Tamkeen employee.
- The employee shall guide you through the Site Visit asking you all the relevant questions to fulfill the objective of the Virtual Site Visit.